Monday, January 18, 2010

Jobless? Hole in the CV? Blame the Competitors!

A dear friend, one of the brightest tax & trust minds I have come across, has been unemployed for a while now. Being senior in grade and pay makes his job search a tad more difficult than most others.

However, true to character, he offers a simple explanation: "being compliance minded, I am merely abiding by the post-employment covenant in my employment contract.

For those that had an "executive" grading, check your old employment contract for the magic words: "prohibited from joining competitors". If you have that then you can simply say I couldn't have been employed even if I wanted to. VoilĂ ! You now have the perfect excuse for being unemployed for whatever period that was stipulated in your contract.

You have risen from the ranks of the unemployed to the ranks of the unemployable.

No comments: